Saturday, August 8, 2009

G.I. Joe: The Rise Of Cobra Review 100% Spoiler Free

As you know, Rise of Cobra was released yesterday here in the US. I just got in from seeing it today. All I have to say is WOW. The movie was very well done. For the most part, it stayed true to the comic book series. It did have it's campy moments, but they were few and far between while remaining enjoyable at the same time. There were some twists on a few action movie cliches. One bright spot, you didn't have to wait for the action. G.I. Joe shows up pretty early in the movie and brings tonnes of action with them. While I didn't and still don't like the international Special Forces thing, I have to say that it really works. Best of all, for fans of G.I.Joe there were plenty of easter eggs throughout the movie. They really don't contribute to the plot, but your heart skips a beat everytime you see one. It's really kid friendly without being overtly so. There's almost no profanity, although the characters do say sugar honey iced tea a few times but that's about it. ALL of the characters were executed very well. There weren't any that felt like an after thought or filler characters. All in all it was a really good movie. Definitely see it if you can. I've been waiting for a GIJoe live action movie since I was 12. (I'm 31 now) Out of what I'd really want to see in a live action GIJoe flick I'd say that I got about 85% of what I really wanted. I just wanted to endorse the movie for all of those who had doubts about it. I hope this helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment